Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pink - It's a New Kind of Lingo

Breast Cancer has reared her ugly head very close to home.  Recently, our crazy-loveable, friend, Jane, was diagnosed.  She had a small tumor removed in December and February 14th starts her 6-weeks of daily radiation treatments. 




To know Jane, you have to know her past...her past lives, actually.  To sum up all 1000 of them, Jane is, and apparently, has always been, a WARRIOR.  And as she heads into battle to fight the "Breast Cancer B*tch" she trades in her sword for radiation and her cape for a hospital gown. 

I found this quote, below, and it reminded of the journey that she's about to embark on. 
Jane - you're not heading into this alone.  Look behind you - we're all there - swords at the ready, (pink) capes blowing in the wind, prepared to carry out your call to war.  Just take the first step...

"Take the first step, and your mind will mobilize all its forces to your aid.   But the first essential step is that you begin.  Once the battle is started, all that is within and without you will come to your assistance" 
 - Robert Collier


We love you - Jen, Mark, Mercer (and ALL the hens, I'm sure).

1 comment:

  1. How I started 14 February 2011

    Prayer for Jane - check
    Pink cape - check
    Sword - check

    Jane I am behind you, beside you, wherever you need me to be :). I wanted to pass on a quote the my sister Judy gave me:

    Definition of Faith - "When you have come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown. Faith is knowing one of two things will happen; There will be something solid to land on OR you will be taught to to fly." Anonymous

    From one "Warrior" to another, I love ya and sending my courage and strength to you! Hugs, Sue T.

    PS - JenStar, I love your words, please keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete