Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mercer takes to the Blogosphere...

Dear Blog-o-sphere:

It's Mercer - or "Mermie" (what a stupid nickname, really).   I commandeered my Mother's laptop to tell you about some of the fun I had when she and Dad abandoned me last weekend. 

Since my parents checked me out of prison (daycare) for the week, me and my Grands took the opportunity to impart on some pretty exciting adventures.  I have to ask myself how I lucked out with such cool grandparents, considering that my parents, are not cool - at all.  Yeah - Mom and Dad - I said that on the INTERNET - for EVERYONE to read...How do you like it?

My days with Grandmom and PopPop were jammed pack full of activities.  We went to the park and I got to swing on swings, slide down slides and play on the jungle gym for the very first time!  As you can see in the pictures, my Grandmom is a big kid, herself.
WINDBLOWN & LOVIN' IT

ROBO-MERCER & GRANDMOM
Weeeeeee!
"Better get used to these bars, kid"- Back to the Future

We went shopping together and they bought me my first pool and cell phone (Hannah Banana - return my texts).  They also showed me how to compose a tweet - because that's what I wanted.

I was trying to text my parents....
PopPop and I  sat on the deck with a couple of Buds and shot the shit for hours.  It reminded me of this song...
"This old man and me, were at the bar and we...
Were having us some beers and swappin' I-don't-cares
Talking politics, blonde and redhead chicks
Old dogs and new tricks, and habits we ain't kicked
We talked about God's grace, and all the hell we raised
Then I heard the ol' man say
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" -
Billy Currington


Canned Breastmilk...(baby did not imbibe booze)
I helped PopPop mow the acreage.  I loved riding on the tractor, but as you can see, I'm still a little too short to operate it on my own.  Maybe next year, when I'm bigger....

"She thinks my tractor's sexy" - Outfit Credit:  (Grand)MomT
And I even made my Mom her very first Mother's Day gift - Poppop taught me how to garden! We picked out some really pretty and VERY hearty plants for Mom because PopPop said that she had a "black thumb".  I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound healthy.

"I'm helping"

Dirt  = Delicious


Grandmom and Poppop taught me how to do "So Big" and how to blow kisses (look out, Ladies).  I can also make some giant raspberries - which makes PopPop laugh really hard. All in all, I had a ton of fun on MY vacation and I'm a little miffed to have to go back to daycare.

Me & my Grands - Livin' the High Life

As for my parents, well, they missed a good time doing God knows what with my Uncle Melvis and his friends.  Apparently, it was Uncle Mel's Birthday…what the hell is a birthday?  Anyways, I found some of these pics of their camera and thought that they deserved to be posted.  Apparently, they can have a good time, even if I'm not there.  Does anyone else think my mother is a ham?  A gorgeous ham, but still a ham..nonetheless…I'm just sayin'….

Parents on the lose at the Predisio

Cheesy Smiles on a Cable Car

Mom & Uncle Melvis - "They're ON A BOAT!!!!"

My Mother, the ham and my father obviously not amused by her

Dad, Mom & Uncle Mel - Blurry-eyed and Blushed from a day of wine "tasting"

I can't believe they're still standing - this was the last stop of their NAPA tour. 
Who are those pretty people in the pic with my parents and Uncle Mel?

Uncle Melvis & Mom - schnuckerd

She just loves that camera, doesn't she?

No one brought me any bacon home...I was disappointed

Wow Mom, how many glasses had you had when you took this shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment