Halloween Highlights and Low-lights. Because that's how life is with a toddler, right? A day filled with turbulent emotions. The most giant of smiles and the loudest of giggles, followed by a full-on temper tantrum thought to be brought on by a green bean on his dinner plate, of which he ate 100 of yesterday.
I've been told that this lasts through puberty. JOY.
But I digress, Halloween.
- Pizza Party at School. This is where we were informed, the kid housed some pizza. Note - hearing him say the word "pizza" just melts the Jersey part of my heart.
- Being a monkey. He knew what he was the minute he put on this costume, without even looking in the mirror (weird). He ripped through the house making his crazy monkey noises and cracking us both up.
- Wagon ride through the neighborhood. The king was pulled in his chariot by his favorite donkey (his Mom).
- Running up driveways. I haven't really figured out what it is about driveways that he loves so much, but he gets crazy excited by running up them.
- Running into people's homes. I think with his ability to sweet talk his way into hugs from the neighbors....he's a shoe in for delivering the Publisher's Clearing House prizes (or maybe a talk show host)!
- Picking out the candy from the candy bowl. He tried to take more than one. Mom tried to teach him manners (except when Skittles or Reeses are involved).
- Sir Monkey Pants would not really smile for the camera the entire night. While he didn't look like he was having a terrible time, he's in the phase where he hates stopping to do ANYTHING, including paying attention to the one million, "Smile!" or "Say Cheese" requests that come from his mother.
- Rude pre-teens. Mercer was toddling his way to the candy bowl and 2 rude and oblivious pre-teens stormed up the porch and knocked him down. It's like they never saw him. He's a giant monkey with a glow bracelet on his head...how can you NOT see him? No "excuse me-s" or "sorry-s" were said. I hope the Acne Fairy catches up to them. Nerds.
In other Cool Mom News - my friend and co-SuperMom, Bonnie, made her kids into Sushi for Halloween (sounds macabre...but it's not). This landed them in the front row of Live with Regis & Kelly...Link to the tape is below. You can see to two pieces of (delicious) sushi in the front row as soon as the hosts walk in. Bonnie MADE these costumes...she is awesomely talented and I felt she deserved a shout out!
Bonnie's Sushi Snacks
Enjoy the pictures...some are from before Halloween when we went to the Pumpkin Patch.
|The Great Pumpkin|
|With Daddy on an antique John Deere|
|His pumpkin...that was later snatched off our porch|
|Mermie the Monkey|
|Monekeys loves Na-na's.|
|Daddy & his Monkey|
|the King of the Jungle in his Chariot|
|Loving being able to CHOOSE what he gets....(he chose a Dum Dum)|
|Can you spot the monkey on the lose in our yard?|